Impakt Channel: Content with Context
YouTube might be an incredible tool when it comes to reaching worldwide audiences but when it comes to creating context it’s performing poor to say the least. Information on basic facts is often lacking and background information, curatorial statements and critics’ interpretations are a rarity. Can YouTube be used as a tool that not only gives visibility but also insight and reflection? Or is it better to move away from this hype dominated environment and establish new platforms that are dedicated to quality? And how to generate traffic to these platforms?
With the Impakt Channel, the Impakt Festival Utrecht is researching these questions and experiments with formats to find the best way to make high quality video content available to viewers around the globe.
To navigate the videos on offer at the Impakt Channel, click the tabs above.
Movies - for Impakt’s all-time favourites and DEUS Urban Screen selection
Reports - for documentation of the recent Impakt events you may have missed, or want to see again
Curated - for videos selected by thematic category
- Let Us Praise The Vernacular! Impakt Net Art: Online exhibition 2012Impakt Net Art 2012:Let Us Praise the Vernacular! As we have become indifferent to the omnipresent multinationals, templates and logos and increasingly estranged from specific [...]
- The Right To Know (And Copy) – Online Exhibition for Impakt Net Art 2011
Impakt NET ART: ONLINE EXHIBITION formerly know as Impakt Online – Like advocates of radical transparency, this year’s Impakt Net Art artists have not only chosen to exercise their right to know, but also to share and copy the acquired content. Unveiling the legal labyrinth of The Cloud, collecting and screening banned videos, and appropriating the templates and icons that make up our modern world, the online exhibition explores the impossibility of secrecy and the limits to openness. With: Metahaven, Dagan Cohen and Hendrik Jan Grievink & Coralie Vogelaar.
- Panorama Event #1 Unstating the ObviousWednesday, 24 April 2013
- SHOUT OUT on Impakt FestivalWednesday, 24 April 2013
- Impakt Festival Exhibition Oct 11-28, 2012Wednesday, 24 April 2013
- Impakt Festival Fellow 2012 Parmesh ShahaniTuesday, 29 January 2013
- Impakt Festival opening program New World PerspectivesTuesday, 29 January 2013
- Filastine MasterclassTuesday, 29 January 2013
- Round TablesTuesday, 29 January 2013
- Presentation: Let Us Praise the VernacularTuesday, 29 January 2013
- Panorama Event #1 Unstating the ObviousTuesday, 29 January 2013
- Cannibalizing Cannibal Myth #2Tuesday, 29 January 2013