Full Spectrum Curatorship Conference
Public opening of the IMPAKT curatorial programme
Two-days ticket: €18
The second edition of Full Spectrum Curatorship is beginning soon! With a focus on media art and technology, selected emerging and aspiring curators will develop a proposal over the course of 3 months.
This year we will open the programme with the first Full Spectrum Curatorship Conference. The conference is open to the public and will feature among others a special lecture by Ade Darmawan (ruangrupa) about the concept lumbung for documenta 15. Internationally recognised curators, the coaches of the programme, will give a look into their practice and get into conversation with one another in panels. The conference dives into the notion of curating and the curatorial practice in its many aspects, from the perspective of various countries, organisations, and independent practices.
The six coaches of the Full Spectrum Curatorship 2021 programme, Paulien Dresscher, Katerina Gregos, Doreen Ríos, Angelique Spaninks, Florian Wüst, and Wade Wallerstein will give lectures in which they present their practice and views on curating. The conference will open with a special lecture in which Ade Darmawan of the Indonesian ruangrupa collective will explain the lumbung concept that is central to their curatorial approach to documenta 15. The panel “Academia and Art: Navigating Theory and Practice” will close the day on Saturday – on Sunday after the lectures all coaches will get together for a final Q&A.
The lecturing curators bring in their specific expertise and background to the programme:
- Paulien Dresscher (independent researcher, curator and advisor. Curator of the Interactive programme of the Dutch Film Festival and of Into the Great Wide Open, formerly curating for Cinekid);
- Katerina Gregos (curator, writer and lecturer. Chief curator of the 1st Riga Biennial 2018 and curator at the Schwarz Foundation, Munich/Athens. In 2011 she curated the critically acclaimed exhibition for the Danish Pavilion at the 54th Venice Biennial);
- Angelique Spaninks (director and curator at MU Hybrid Art House, Eindhoven. She was director and artistic manager at STRP Festival from 2012 to 2018 and international curator for the 6th Guangzhou Triennial in 2018);
- Florian Wüst (independent film curator, has been working for transmediale, IMPAKT, Werkleitz and many other international festivals and venues);
- Wade Wallerstein (digital anthropologist, strategist, and curator. Founder of Silicon Valet, co-director of TRANSFER Gallery, and Technology & Events Curator at the Consulate of Canada in San Francisco);
- Doreen Ríos (Founder of [ANTI]MATERIA, chief curator at the Centro de Cultural Digital and lecturer at CENTRO and Tec de Monterrey).
Buy your ticket via the ticket button!
Read more about the Full Spectrum Curatorship Programme:
Image: Ruangrupa’s evolving installation RURU (2011–ongoing) ad the 31st São Paulo Biennial (2014).