IMPAKT TV 2022
Beyond the headlines of art, tech and media
IMPAKT TV is a series of monthly online events in which we reflect on the most striking events in art, technology and media of the past weeks. Every first Thursday of the month, together with an artist, journalist, researcher or writer we discuss their work, latest news and must-see exhibitions and events.
We will reflect on IMPAKT’s signature themes such as the complexity of our data driven world, our rights as digital citizens, how power structures are reflected in media and technology, conspiracy theories, meme culture, new approaches to climate change, and much more. With IMPAKT TV we take these discussions out of their theoretical comfort-zone and relate them directly to what we see around us, what we read in the news and scroll through on Instagram.
In our first IMPAKT TV season in 2021 we welcomed artists Simon Denny and Harm van den Dorpel, researcher Inte Gloerich (Utrecht University / Institute of Network Cultures), Florian Cramer (Willem de Kooning Academy), journalist Laudy van den Heuvel (De Groene Amsterdammer), professor Marc Schuilenburg (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam), artist Heather Dewey-Hagborg, Wilbert Mutsaers (head of Spotify Benelux), researcher Christine Bauer (Utrecht University) and writer Erik Davis (author of High Weirdness: Drugs, Esoterica, and Visionary Experience in the Seventies at MIT Press).
Check out all the previous episodes here.
For this second IMPAKT TV season we want to dedicate each episode to a special guest, inviting artists, journalists, researchers and experts.
- 24 November: IMPAKT TV with José van Dijck on Digital Platforms, Data, Algorithms and our Democracy (more info)
- 7 December: IMPAKT TV with LaTurbo Avedon on being an artist in the Metaverse (more info)
Broadcasts first half off 2022:
- IMPAKT TV with Rafaël Rozendaal on NFTs and the internet as canvas (more info)
- IMPAKT TV with Guido van der Werve on the futility and the beauty of existence (more info)
- IMPAKT TV with Don Lets on punk, civil unrest and the power of music (more info)
- IMPAKT TV with Zach Blas on the politics of Silicon Valley, AI and data (more info)
- IMPAKT TV with Doortje Smithuijsen on our digital behaviour (more info)
Keep an eye on our social media or subscribe to our newsletter to be the first one to know about new broadcasts.